The conference will bring you an update on the value of advanced biofuels and business opportunities in the new bioeconomy. Six sessions will comprise the conference with the following topics:
1. POLITICAL STRATEGIES AND VISIONS – HOW TO REDUCE
TRANSPORT EMISSIONS AND DEPENDENCY ON FOSSIL FUELS
What can we expect from the European Green Deal? Will the Renewable Energy Directive be revised again with more ambitious targets? How will new investments be supported? What role will the sustainable finance regulation play? How should low prices on fossil fuels be met?
- Opening address
Jennie Nilsson, Minister for Rural Affairs Government of Sweden (invited)
- European Green Deal - Transition of Europe to Sustainable Future
Frans Timmermans, Executive Vice-President, European Commission, Germany (invited)
- Value of the Forest - Investing in Biofuels
Lena Ek, Chairman, Södra, Sweden
- Europe Working Together for a Green Future
Jytte Guteland, Parliament Member, European Parliament, Sweden (invited)
- The Green Road to a Fossil-Free Transport Sector
Svante Axelsson, General Director, Fossil-free Sweden (invited)
- Going Green in Lithuania - Way Forward
Zygimantis Vaiciunas, Minister of Energy, Government of Lithuania (invited)
- Taking Waste Biodiesel from Niche to Mainstream
Cynthia Warner, President and CEO, Renewable Energy Group, The Netherlands (invited)
- From Paris to Practice – How to Scale-up the Advanced Biofuels Industry
Panu Routasalo, Vice President, UPM, Finland (prel.)
2. ADVANCED BIOFUELS FOR EUROPE – PARTNERSHIPS
AND CHALLENGES FOR BUSINESS OPPORTUNITIES
We see many new projects and investments. Who are the actors, and what partnerships are formed? Can existing companies and refineries adapt to the new business landscape? What role will the forest industry play? How shall the industry develop next biofuels? What are needed for international partnerships and a common market with broad commercialization for advanced biofuels?
- Advanced Biofuels in Heavy Transport – Today and Tomorrows Solutions
Martin Lundstedt, President and CEO, AB Volvo, Sweden (invited)
- Market Trends in Renewable Energy – How to Beat Fossil Fuels
Pharoah le Feuvre, Energy Analyst - Renewable Energy, IEA, France
- European Bioenergy Industry – Ready to Make a Change
Jean-Marc Jossart, Secretary-General, Bioenergy Europe, Belgium
- Potential of Brazil in renewable ethanol
Emily Rees, European Representative UNICA, Brazil (prel.)
3. POLICY AND INDUSTRY PERSPECTIVES
– POSSIBILITIES AND COMMERCIALISATION
The transition from a fossil transport to renewables offers many opportunities, but also challenges. Sustainability criteria must be met, incentives differ on different markets. How will the industry handle the political and economic risks?
- Sustainable development with green chemicals
Anna Berggren, Business Development Director, Perstorp, Sweden (prel.)
- Development of Green Chemistry with Renewable Feedstock
René Backes, Business Development Specialist Renewables, BASF, Germany
- RED II Implications and Challenges in Waste and Residues based Supply Chains
Norbert Schmitz, Managing Director, ISCC System, Germany (prel.)
- Bio2X to commercialize concrete superplasticizers based on lignin
Hanne Wikberg, Development Manager, Fortum, Finland (invited)
4. FUTURE FOR ROAD TRANSPORT – WHERE ARE WE HEADING?
Never before has there been such a “smorgasbord” of different solutions for fuels and vehicles. What solutions will prevail and how will the market develop? What will the mix be between electrification and biofuels? What is the current standpoint on biofuels of producers of heavy duty vehicles?
- Transition to a Sustainable Value-Chain
Timo Huhtisaari, Director Sustainability & Future Business, St1 Nordic, Finland
- Koenigsegg in the future for sustainable transport at high speed!
Halldora von Koenigsegg, COO Koenigsegg, Sweden (invited)
- Time to Act Faster and Bolder – To Stop Climate Change
Per Emanuelsson, Head of Branded Sales, Neste, Sweden
- Targeting 5 million ton HVO Products in 2030
Magnus Heimburg, CEO, Preem, Sweden (prel.)
5. CLEAN BIOFUELS – THE BRIDGE TO FOSSIL FREE TRANSPORT
To meet the climate challenge, the transport sector urgently needs to switch from fossil fuels, but how quick will the transformation be? Will pure biofuels play a major role, and what biofuels will be most competitive? How quickly can production of advanced biofuels be ramped up? What projects are already on-line?
- Cellulosic Ethanol is Here to Stay – Development and Commercialization
Doug Berven, Vice President of Corporate Affairs, POET, USA (invited)
- Futurol – Advanced Technology For Cellulosic Ethanol Treatment
Frédéric Balligand, Renewables Business Development Director, Axens, France (invited)
- BioTfuel – T argeting the Development of Advanced Biodiesel and Biojet Fuels
Michel Hecquet, Coordinator for BioTfueL project, Total, France (prel.)
- Circular Energy Solutions – From Forest to Fuel in Large-Scale
Thomas Skadal, CEO, Biozin, Norway (invited)
- 2030-Climate Targets for Mobility Require a Cap for the Use of Fossil Fuel
Eric van den Heuvel, Director, Dutch Platform Sustainable Biofuels, The Netherlands
6. BIOFUELS IN AVIATION AND MARINE TRANSPORT
– WE ARE FLYING AND SHIPPING GREEN
Aviation will come back in full swing after the corona crises, but must offer more long-term sustainable solutions. International agreements have been signed, but need to be implemented. Now is time to make the first steps to general introduction of biofuels in the air, but also at sea. What are the leading trends and projects?
- Green Transition with the Production of Sustainable Biofuels and Chemical Products
Mallikarjun Navalgund, President, Praj Industries, India
- Goldilocks at Sea – The Story of Lignin as Marine Fuel
Adnan Cavka, Chief Technology and Business Developmemt Officer, SEKAB, Sweden
- Stena Immortal – Launching climate reduced emissions freight
Lena T Alvling, General Manager Marketing & Corporate Events, Stena Bulk, Sweden (invited)
- Closing remarks
Tomas Ekbom, Conference Director, SVEBIO, Sweden
Please note that the programme is subject to change and will be continuosly updated.
Stay ahead with the latest conference news:
Sign-up for our newsletter
Conference chair person is Johanna Mossberg, RISE Research Institutes of Sweden.