About the seminar
In the sandbox - The Travis Technique is an exclusive master class for Audiovisual Talks, by and with Mark W. Travis, live from Los Angeles. The seminar includes one hour of lecture, and at the end of the seminar the audience will be given the opportunity to interactively ask questions.
The seminar is held in English and is targeted to directors, actors and screenwriters.
In the Sandbox - The Travis Technique
The Travis Technique, developed by director Mark W. Travis, is a transformational approach to Story, Characters and Scene. For directors it offers a way to go beyond traditional directing and venture into inspired and impactful collaboration with the characters. Writers learn to engage with their characters up-close, live and in person. And actors get to step back and allow their characters to fully emerge from within. In this webinar Mark Travis will cover the following topics:
The Four Elements of a Screenplay and the Missing Fifth
- Character Creation and Development
- The Untapped Power of Actors
- When Directors Need to Stop Directing
- The Complex Actor-Director Relationship
- What Writers and Actors Have in Common
- The Ups and Downs of Creative Control
- The Actor’s Plan versus the Character’s Plan
- The Genesis of The Travis Technique
- The Committee
- Directing the Character – Not the Actor
- The Sandbox
MARK W. TRAVIS
Mark is regarded by Hollywood and independent film professionals internationally as the world’s leading teacher and consultant on the art and craft of film directing. Known as “the director’s director,” Mark is in high demand on film projects worldwide for his insightful coaching and collaboration with directors, actors and writers.