Visit Lund University
Lund University is based in the city of Lund, close to Malmö (Sweden’s third largest city) in the south of Sweden. This part of Sweden is very close to Copenhagen in Denmark. The main campus buildings of Lund University are located in the centre of Lund and are an approximate 5–10 minutes' walk from the Lund railway station.
Copenhagen Airport – the closest international airport to Lund
- The closest international airport to Lund is Copenhagen Airport (also known as 'Kastrup'), in Denmark.
Trains run from Copenhagen airport to Lund every 20 minutes. The travel time is around 35–40 minutes and it is very easy to purchase a ticket and board the train. The journey takes you over the Öresund Bridge connecting Denmark to Sweden and via Malmö central station where you may need to change trains.
- We highly recommend you transit to Lund in this manner, rather than taking a taxi which will be very expensive and more time consuming.
- You can purchase a train ticket for the train to Lund either in the Skånetrafiken mobile app or in one of the machines.
- For a physical ticket from the machines, you must have a valid credit or debit card. Note: the machines do not accept cash.
- Ensure that you are using a Skånetrafiken Ticket machine located in the middle of the hall, not a DSB machine located adjacent to the wall.
- Follow the instructions on the machine to purchase a ticket to Lund C. If you need assistance, you can ask one of the information staff in the area to help you.
- You can change the language to English in the bottom left corner of the touch screen.
- Follow the instructions on the screen in order to purchase a ticket from Kastrup airport to Lund C. Select that you want a single ticket for an adult. Select print ticket, rather than connecting to a card.
- After paying for your ticket when prompted using the card reader, you will receive a printed ticket. Do not throw away or lose this, as it is what you will need to show the conductor on the train if you are asked to present your ticket during the journey.
Please note that there may be a passport control at the first stop (Hyllie) on the Swedish side. Make sure to always bring a valid passport or ID-card when travelling between Denmark and Sweden.
The closest local airport to Lund is Malmö Sturup. It has some international flights from destinations within Europe. There are no direkt buss connections between Sturup airport and Lund. You can take a taxi directly to Lund or you can take a buss to Malmö Central Station and then take a train or a buss to Lund.