Crash-course on Task Force on Climate-related Financial Disclousure (TCFD)
There is a growing consensus that climate change poses significant risks not only to the environment and the society, but also to and the stability of the economic system. It is in the context that companies are increasingly being asked to demonstrate how they are mitigating and appropriately pricing these risks by disclosing climate-related financial information. This type of disclosure "upgrades" climate change from just a sustainability issue to a financial issue, which in its turn requires an integration of climate risk into strategic and operational processes.
The Task Force on Climate-related Financial Disclosures (TCFD) is the most established framework on climate-related risk disclosure. The key objective of TCFD recommendations is to improve public disclosure of climate-related financial information, but at the same time, help companies better structure their internal approach to assessing climate risks and opportunities.
This crash-course is an introduction to the key elements of the framework's recommendations, including examples of good practice, as well as practical steps companies can take to get started with TCFD reporting.
Join us to learn:
- Why should you value and disclose your climate related risks and opportunities?
- How does your existing carbon/climate work tie into TCFD recommendations?
- Four areas of TCFD disclosure and scenario analysis.
- Top tips and advice on how to get started with TCFD reporting.
- Best practice examples of disclosure in line with TCFD.
- Gemma Clements, Capacity Building and Engagement Manager, Climate Disclosure Standards Board (CDSB)
- Luisa Robles, Senior Engagement Manager, CDP Europe
- This event is for all companies (large and SMEs) who want to learn how to disclose on the financial implications of climate related risks and opportunities and get ready for the coming policy trends in that area.
Date & time: 7 October 2021, 09:00-11:30 CET
Online event: The crash-course will take place online. The link to the event will be sent one day in advance.
Participants: Registration is open and free of charge to all member organisations in the Global Networks Sweden, Denmark, Finland and Norway.
Registration: The last registration day is 6th October, 12:00 PM CET.
Contact: In case you have questions about the event, please get back to us on firstname.lastname@example.org