A super important topic for every high quality clinic! This course is run for the 4th year in a row with very positive course feedback!
Maria Hansby, senior supervisor and manager for the sterile technicians education in Sweden. She is responsible for training, education and implementing educational training centers within disinfection and sterilisation both in Sweden and globally in countries such as Germany, UK, Singapore and Hong Kong. She is project manager for an EU Project for education for sterile techniques.
This course aims to equip participants with the specialist skills and knowledge necessary for innovative and effective sterilisation services. The course will evolve around AniCuras instrument handling guidelines which will give participants all they need to know for high quality instrument handling.
The target group for this course are those who are responsible and work with cleaning, disinfection and sterilization of instruments.
The course will be held in English and it is a theoretical course.
- The cleaning, disinfection and sterilisation of medical devices using both manual and automated processing
- Different methods of decontamination and sterilisation and the proper techniques for these processes
- The critical criteria and interpretation of the documentation, for an approved process
- Quality control and validation processes during decontamination and sterilisation
- Optimal handling and preservation of medical devices
- The classification, composition materials, corrosion and damage of instruments
- Proper care and maintenance of instruments, visual inspection, lubrication and function control
- Information about current international guidelines
After the course, participants will be equipped with the knowledge and skills to be able to understand and manage:
- Laws, guidelines and rules, concerning the cleaning, disinfection and sterilisation process
- Physical and chemical disinfection methods as well as steam sterilisation
- Different equipment and chemical products for cleaning and disinfection
- The principles concerning loading of equipment
- Interpretation of process parameters and other criteria for product release
- Control, tests and validation basics
- Instrument materials and the effect on those by the process
- Identification of damage on instrument, maintenance and prevention management
- Functions control for instruments
- The use of different packaging materials
Before the course the participants will be sent a pre-read to prepare for the course.
EUR 500 (+ VAT) including lectures, lecture notes, coffees, lunches and course dinner. Sign up before December 10th and get a 15% rebate price of EUR 425 (+VAT), use discount code Early bird at registration. Registration to this course is open until January 10th.
TRAVEL and HOTEL
Please arrange your own travels to Stockholm. The course will be held at Radisson Blue Waterfront Hotel, situated in the city centre of Stockholm. The hotel is located directly at the central station. To get to the hotel from the airport Arlanda, take a bus or airport train to the central station. For information on bus schedule and prices follow this link. For more information on train schedule and price follow this link.
Participants have free access to the gym and the food can be expected to be spectacular. We have a negotiated accommodation price for our course participants and the fee is EUR 185 (1950 SEK) per night for a single room including breakfast or EUR 203 (2150 SEK) for a double room. To reserve a room to this price follow this link or call +468 505 06 000, refer to booking code ANI123, to guarantee your booking. The negotiated accommodation price and room availability is available until December 23rd.
ACE reserves the right to make alterations. Always check the course website for the latest updates.
"This course gave us new knowledge on how to perform cleaning and sterilisation of instruments in a correct, sufficient and effective way" (Feedback from participant from course conducted in Oslo 2018)