Maria Hansby, senior supervisor and manager for the sterile technicians education in Sweden. She is responsible for training, education and implementing educational training centers within disinfection and sterilisation both in Sweden and globally in countries such as Germany, UK, Singapore and Hong Kong. She is project manager for an EU Project for education for sterile techniques.
This course aims to equip participants with the specialist skills and knowledge necessary for innovative and effective sterilisation services.
The target group for this course are those who are responsible and work with cleaning, disinfection and sterilization of instruments. We recommend that the participants have some basic knowledge and experience in the field.
The course will be held in English and it is a theoretical course.COURSE CONTENT
- The cleaning, disinfection and sterilisation of medical devices using both manual and automated processing
- Different methods of decontamination and sterilisation and the proper techniques for these processes
- The critical criteria and interpretation of the documentation, for an approved process
- Quality control and validation processes during decontamination and sterilisation
- Optimal handling and preservation of medical devices
- The classification, composition materials, corrosion and damage of instruments
- Proper care and maintenance of instruments, visual inspection, lubrication and function control
- Information about current international guidelines
After the course, participants will be equipped with the knowledge and skills to be able to understand and manage:
- Laws, guidelines and rules, concerning the cleaning, disinfection and sterilisation process
- Physical and chemical disinfection methods as well as steam sterilisation
- Different equipment and chemical products for cleaning and disinfection
- The principles concerning loading of equipment
- Interpretation of process parameters and other criteria for product release
- Control, tests and validation basics
- Instrument materials and the effect on those by the process
- Identification of damage on instrument, maintenance and prevention management
- Functions control for instruments
- The use of different packaging materials
Before the course the participants will be sent a pre-read to prepare for the course.
EUR 400 (+ VAT) including lectures, lecture notes, coffees, lunches and course dinner. Sign up before December 10th and get a rebated price of EUR 350 (+VAT), use discount code Early bird at registration.
TRAVEL and HOTEL
Please arrange your own travels to Copenhagen. The course will be held at Comfort Hotel Vesterbro, situated in the city center of Copenhagen. The hotel is located 500 meters from the central station. Participants have free access to the gym close by and there is a bike rental service arranged by the hotel if wanted.
We have a negotiated price for our course partcipants and the fee is EUR 135 (995 DKK) per night including breakfast. To reserve a room to this price send an email to email@example.com, refer to booking code 3032GR014956 and inform of your credit card details, to guarantee your booking.
ACE reserves the right to make alterations. Always check the course website for the latest updates.
"This course gave us new knowledge on how to perform cleaning and sterilisation of instruments in a correct, sufficient and effective way" (Feedback from participant from course conducted in Oslo 2018)